Saturday, December 12, 2009

I believe in happy endings...




"I believe in love. I believe people make mistakes. I believe people are selfish and generous at the same time. I believe in happy endings." - Isabel Gillies

This is one of my favorite quotes - and I am sure you can see why. Life is not always a joy ride, things get rough, they get bumpy, and sometimes our pathway is unclear. We lose sight of what means the most. But at the end of the day there is always a beautiful sunset to take us to a new day... a clean slate. I remember the day I took these pictures - I was struggling with who I was, who I wanted to be, and trying to accept some of the things that I had done. I needed some fresh air, a chance to breathe in the cold and sting my lungs, heart, and mind. Then today while going through some old files I stumbled across them. I still remember some of the feelings that I felt that day, but I am also overwhelmed with gratitude for the things that I feel today... the sound of my baby's cry - the soft kiss of my husband - the warmth of a fire - the smile of a friend. we can all be selfish, we can all be generous, we can all make mistakes... I look at these pictures with gratitude and amazement remembering where I have been, where I am now, and looking forward to where I will be tomorrow... my many happy endings to behold.

1 comment:

  1. Awe thanks for that awesome uplifting post to remind us all that life really is ok even when it doesn't seem like it!!! I am glad you have such a positive outlook on life!

    ReplyDelete