Friday, January 15, 2010

May you find peace...

My heart is so full as I turn on the news and see the devastation of a land far away. Families torn apart by circumstances beyond their control and lives changed in an instant. I cannot imagine going about my day and having my world begin to shake and suddenly turn upside down without any warning. I find deep gratitude and humility as I see the many things that I have. I find the life that I lead has opened many opportunities and it is up to me to take advantage of them. The sweet people of Haiti are overcoming so much - I truly believe from the bottom of my heart that God is aware of us and he knows the best ways in which we can learn - some ways may seem more difficult than others but in the end, when all is said and done, the sun will set and rest will come. I will stand tall and accept that the new day has brought a new opportunity and that I have grown stronger, wiser, and closer to my ultimate goal. To the people of Haiti we send our prayers, thoughts, and feelings of comfort - thank you for touching my heart from so far away... May you find rest in your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment