Sunday, January 17, 2010

To My Dad...

Some recognition is long overdue. Although he would never ask, expect, or think about receiving recognition he definitely deserves it! Dad always said, "The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy!" and in this case he has lived up to this in every way possible.

This man never ceases to amaze me with his dedication and humility to the tasks at hand. He tirelessly serves his family, his beliefs, and those he works with - never EVER complaining or showing any sort of disdain or frustration for a jam packed schedule.


He has always worked so hard for his family - I distinctly remember times when he has carried us all on his shoulders when we were all falling behind. He has taught me lessons of invaluable worth and given me knowledge I will carry forever. He has taught me the value of work, the sweetness of humility, the art of perfecting the things that you do ( a blessing and a curse - wink! wink!) He has taught me to love without conditions and to support even when you may not agree. He has taught me that sometimes you must adjust and try again, that even when it feels like the end of the road there is always another light, and that a fathers' love can conquer all. He taught me to never become complacent and to trust in the Lord.

He is a darling grandpa and treats my baby and my husband with great love and acceptance. As you can see - little Coy adores his Grandpa Mikey and looks up to him already.




So- here is to YOU, dad. Thanks for all you have done, all you do, and all you will do - your selflessness does not go unnoticed.





1 comment:

  1. Stace, you never seem to stop amazing me with your very intuitive posts. I love your dad too! And i am glad he has taught you so many valuable lessons in life. We are blessed to have such amazing dads to lead our families here. I think although he would never ask for it, i am sure he is honored that you would recognize his hard work and dedication to your family! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete